Anna Forrest, an Australian/American currently living in Queensland, Australia has brought us this lovely Birthday Card! Like many of us she has had many crafty hobbies over the years.
Anna starting scrapbooking in 2005 while on maternity leave with her middle child, but, has focused on card making since about 2010. A woman with a busy life has GOT to make some choices!
This featured card was created using the “Birthday Balloons” and “Big Birthday Wishes” stamp sets from Simon Says Stamp.
- Use Distress Ink in a soft color to create a subtle background on watercolor paper.
- To create each balloon, ink only the EDGES of the stamp by “rolling it” on a Distress Pad, then stamp. This produces a stamped image where the edges have a lot of ink but the center is mostly ink-free.
- After all balloons are stamped, use a brush with a small amount of water and drag some of the Distress Ink towards the center to create a watercolor look.
- Use a Distress Marker to draw in the strings for each balloon.
- Stamp the sentiment and emboss with a coordinated embossing powder
- Layer onto mirror animal print paper and done! BEAUTIFUL!!!
Our thanks to Anna for sharing! You can find more of Anna’s work at Anna Forrest’s Facebook Page
Distress Inks and Markers and more!!! Rangerink.com
Find more inspiration with us at Stampcrush Papercrafts on Facebook